Strengthens corporate operations to support thriving business in health data modernization.
Ruvos is GROWING. Not just a little bit…A LOT.
At a time when many companies are striving to stay viable, Ruvos is thriving.
Since the start of 2020, Ruvos has more than doubled in size, nearing 100 employees across 21 states and in South Africa. This growth has necessitated investment in strengthening our corporate operations to position Ruvos for continued growth and diversification in the coming years. Over the last year, we have worked to define our strategic vision of continuing to lead nationally in public health data modernization, leveraging data science and advanced analytics to inform public health practice, and developing products and tools that support our partners’ important work in healthcare and public health. In service of this, our organizational investments will provide the structure to pursue these ambitions now and over the next 5 years. We are happy to announce the addition of the following individuals and positions to our team:
Finance & Accounting Team
- Steve Honeyman, Ruvos’ Chief Financial Officer (CFO), has almost 20 years of financial management and reporting experience handling the domestic and international financial and accounting operations for PIC Group and its seven foreign subsidiaries. As VP Finance & Accounting, he served as Treasurer and Secretary of the Corporation and served on the company’s Compliance Committee. In his role, he effectively managed the company’s working capital and financial resources to ensure the company was able to fully fund on-going field operations and meet the expectations of their customers. In addition, he excels at evaluating financial results, comparisons to budgets and forecasting in order to provide Senior Management with the best information possible to drive business decisions. Steve is a Certified Public Accountant and spent the first seven years of his career with two of the “Big 4″ global auditing firms.
- Amy Starkey, Ruvos’ Controller, CPA is a graduate of FSU with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Masters in Accounting Information Systems. She has over 20 years of experience in auditing, accounting management, and accounting information systems support. Amy has a strong technical background with experience in accounting information systems and databases including 4 years with an accounting software development organization.
Product & Strategy Team
- Kristin Leffel, MPH, has become Ruvos’ Chief Strategy Officer. She is leading the company’s strategic vision for leadership in public health data modernization, including a diverse and growing product portfolio aimed at equipping healthcare and public health partners with tools and information to improve wellbeing locally and globally. Prior to this role, Kristin led the project management team at Ruvos and spearheaded efforts to define Ruvos’ approach to product development. Prior to joining Ruvos in January 2021, Kristin led research operations and strategic innovations at the TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health at the University of Chicago. Kristin’s career centers on leveraging technology, partnerships, and applied research methods to address critical health disparities and promote equity. She holds a Masters in Public Health with a focus in Applied Public Health Informatics from Emory University and a Bachelors in Education and Social Policy from Northwestern University. Kristin lives in Baltimore with her husband and young daughter and enjoys traveling, reading, and relishing the joyous chaos of toddlerhood.
- Lisa Strauss, MBA, PMP, has become Ruvos’ Product & Strategy Manager (Integrity). She is leading the product definition and development of Ruvos’ Integrity Platform for public health data modernization. Prior to this role, Lisa led a cross-functional team to modernize Electronic Laboratory Reporting data transfer at the Florida Department of Health. Prior to joining Ruvos in December 2020 and as the owner of a 26-year IT consulting company, Lisa provided independent consulting services across all phases of the software development lifecycle that crossed many industries and governmental agencies. She holds a Master of Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Management with a passion for business process and quality improvement. Lisa lives in Tallahassee and enjoys golf (regardless of the score), oil painting, drawing, and reading.
- Linda Min, MPH, has become Ruvos’ Product & Strategy Manager (STEVE). She leads the strategy and development of the company’s State and Territorial Exchange of Vital Events (STEVE) product suite that focuses on vital statistics exchange in partnership with the National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS). She previously led Ruvos’ team in development of the STEVE FHIR API as part of the broader National Vital Statistics Systems (NVSS) initiative being led by NCHS/CDC to modernize and deliver more timely and accurate data for public health surveillance. Prior to Ruvos, Linda led her own consulting practice in Program Evaluation and Organizational Development working with a variety of nonprofits and foundations in the San Francisco Bay Area. She received her Masters in Public Health (with a focus in Applied Public Health Informatics) from Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health and her Bachelor of Arts in English and Asian American Studies from the University of Pennsylvania. She lives with her family in the greater Atlanta area and enjoys playing tennis, hiking, traveling, and trying new restaurants.
Our leadership team and managers will be very active this summer at numerous conferences across the country. We look forward to seeing our clients and partners and discussing all the ways that Ruvos intends to deepen our relationships.